Wednesday, February 04, 2015
Champions Career Centre is looking for a Case Manager. This full-time position is open immediately, and is perfect for an individual who
- Has strong attention to detail, is able to multi-task, and enjoys working in a busy environment
- Has a passion for helping persons with disabilities reach their career goals
- Understands the importance of communication and customer service
The Case Manager’s (CM) primary role is to case manage services to clients based on client needs. CMs update and manage hard copy files, and Mobius entries. The CM coordinates services for the client by guiding the career planning process, goal setting and helping to determine which services will benefit the client in obtaining and maintaining employment. The CM works closely with the other members of the Champions team in support of clients and in reaching contract outcomes and deliverables.
Key Areas of Responsibilities include (but are not exclusive to)
1. Facilitation of an overall return to work or career development plan with clear goals and objectives and will act as the client’s case manager throughout the implementation of the service plan through to job placement or training.
2. Completion of employability assessment to determine client needs and effective career planning to determine realistic job goal/target.
3. Develop collaborative employment or training action plan utilizing information obtained from employability assessment regarding client specific needs.
4. Assist clients in determining financial eligibility and applying for funding through DRES programs.
5. Maintaining current career and employment related information, in conjunction with other team members, providing easy access to clients.
6. Solid understanding of services provided to clients and team mates responsibility in each stage to ensure clients receive highest quality employment services.
7. Commitment to accurate case management of client services; including documentation base on agreed upon service plan. Client records are maintained, in both hard copy and MOBIUS, ensuring client records are kept up to date and strictly confidential.
8. Communicate and Collaborate as a key member of the team – supporting team mates, policies and procedures as well as overall quality of services to clients.
Qualifications for the Position
1. Undergraduate degree/diploma in rehabilitation, social work, human services, or other related disciplines or equivalent in education and work experience. Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP) designation is preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years professional experience in the field of vocational services and Case Management for Persons with Disabilities.
3. Strong knowledge of all disabilities and unique factors of rehabilitation processes
4. Excellent organizational and facilitation skills, strong interpersonal skills overall with good oral and written communication, and strong time-management skills. Experience in a deadline and outcome driven environment is preferred.
5. Established and effective working relationships in career and employment domain with various groups in public, private/corporate, not for profit, community and government sectors in Calgary.
6. Advanced experience in MS Office Suite and database applications
We are seeking to fill this position immediately. Closing date: February 16, 2015
Interested candidates are asked to please submit their cover letter & resume to email@example.com. We will contact candidates whose qualifications are a fit for an initial interview. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Champions Career Centre Team values Collaboration, Trust, Accountability and Inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.